|Sixth God |
|Eighth God |
the Darren is the seventh god in the Otherfaith. He is the syncretic form of the Clarene and Dierne. He is a god of questions, peace, and mediation.
He share dominion over doubt with the Ophelene but largely keeps to himself, exploring the worlds outside the West.
For the People, the Darren represents doubt.
the Darren's most common appearance is a slow-moving and stout, smoldering figure with glowing eyes. He can also appear as a deer, often a dark stag with glowing eyes. In his human-like form, the Darren can appear as a man with dark hair, tan skin, red eyes, and with white horns or antlers on his head. Drawing on his connection to crows and ravens, he may also appear feathered.
Symbols & Associations
- Crows and ravens
- Shooting stars and comets
- Meteors and meteorites
- Rocks and stone
- Geodes and crystals
- Embers and ash
- Mountains and volcanoes
- Tectonic plates
- Lava and magma
- Coal and charcoal
- Smoldering Star
- Earthbound Star
- Of the Burnt-Black Rock
- Give pressed leaves and flowers
- Plant a tree
- Collect rainwater or stormwater as an offering
- Offer fossils and rocks on a shrine
- Offer animal bones, especially those of deer and especially skulls
- ↑ 'Embers' by Averil
- ↑ 'Into to the Darren' on the Otherfaith Site
- ↑ 'the Darren and the Crows' by Averil
|Basics of the Otherfaith|
| Gods • Clarene ◦ Ophelia ◦ Laetha ◦ Dierne ◦ Laethelia ◦ Ophelene ◦ Darren ◦ Liathane|